|Club or setting:||National Extension College|
|Location:||Various across UK and Europe|
|Hours:||2-3 per week|
|Job title:||Freelance assessors and IQA roles|
|Salary:||Dependent on number of students|
|Closing date:||17 December 2021|
NEC is looking to recruit experienced and qualified freelance assessors and IQA roles who are able to support distance learners on NCFE CACHE Early Years qualifications at Levels 1, 2 and 3 and /or the Level 3 Certificate and Diploma in Playwork.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified assessor and hold a recognised IQA qualification.
Students will be based in early years or playwork settings in the UK and in Europe and will be studying online on a portfolio-building platform. Some qualifications require workplace observations of practice. These can be half a day to two days in duration.
The post(s) require commitment for 1- 2 days per week throughout the year.
Assessor role: you will mark learner work and provide essential feedback, communicate with your learners, answer questions on the learning platform, and prepare for upcoming observation visits.
IQA role: you will be planning and preparing activities to allow for the monitoring of assessments. Ensuring the standardisation of assessment practices You would also need to be available to make between 3 - 4 observation visits a year. These may require overnight stays.
You will need to have the following:
- A qualification in early years and /or playwork (dependent on the role), ideally above Level 3.
- A teaching or assessing qualification eg Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- An IQA qualification (dependent on the role)
- Experience of delivering early years courses in the classroom, within the last 5 years.
- Experience of working in the early years sector, including experience of working with babies.
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade 5/B
- Ability and willingness to evidence ongoing professional development.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why the role interests you and, if you are in current employment, saying how you will fit the NEC work around your other commitments, to email@example.com.