|Club or setting:||Dreamworks Afterschool Club|
|Location:||Winchmore Hill, Enfield, North London|
|Hours:||3.5 hours per day, 5 days per week, term time only|
|Job title:||Afterschool Club Manager|
|Salary:||£10.00-£12.50 per hour (depending on experience)|
|Closing date:||24 September 2021|
The Afterschool Club Manager will be responsible for the planning and overseeing of daily activities, ensuring that children are happy and stimulated during their time with us. The manager will need to ensure that the club follows Ofsted guidelines and requirements, considering all relevant childcare regulations and ensure we are providing high standards of care and play opportunities for children in a safe and secure environment. The club manager will report to the club owner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role includes and is not limited to:
- Managing a small team to ensure they are adhering to DAC policies and procedures and motivating the staff to deliver high quality creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment.
- Ensuring the children’s safety at all times.
- Planning daily activities based on children’s DAC profiles to ensure each child is learning and participating in activities they enjoy.
- Setting up activities for children to optionally take part in.
- Engaging with the children in aspects of play and conversation.
- Providing support during homework periods.
- Meeting and greeting parents and providing them with feedback on their child’s time at the club.
- Ensuring activities are clean and packed away into their designated areas and that the club space is left in a suitable condition at the end of each session.
- Ensuring there are sufficient food and drink provisions for the snack each session.
- Creating regular newsletters and sending out communications to parents/guardians and the team.
- Be responsible for the day to day administration and record keeping that includes maintaining records of club attendees, maintaining records of staff attendance, monitoring staff absences, lateness and keeping other appropriate records as required.
- Developing and maintaining professional working relationships with the School and all relevant professionals and authorities including the local authority and Ofsted.
- Ensuring all staff have attended any relevant and necessary training courses and keeping records of when staff attend training and organise refresher training courses accordingly.
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection of the children, their families and members of staff.
The ideal candidate will need to be someone who is passionate about children and education, and able to bring new ideas to the role. You will need to be friendly, have a caring and dynamic approach, as well as an ability to lead and motivate staff. You will need to be well presented and have good personal hygiene standards.
- Valid DBS
- Minimum level 3 Childcare, Early Years Educator or equivalent qualification
- Basic Level Child Protection certificate
- Experience in an after-school setting or working with children aged 4-13
- Relevant management/supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate with children
- Excellent communication skills
- Punctual / reliable
- Good organisation skills
- Good understanding of special educational needs and EYFS
- Advanced Level Child Protection certificate
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene qualification/training