|Club or setting:||Rascals After School Club|
|Location:||2nd Rhiwbina Scout Hall, Rhiwbina|
|Hours:||16 hours per week over 5 days|
|Job title:||Assistant playworker|
|Salary:||To be negotiated|
|Closing date:||18 September 2021|
- The role includes assisting the Club Manager and peers in the daily running of a busy after school club, to ensure that the club runs in line with the National Minimum Standards and Regulations set out by the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW).
- Applicants must be able to provide fun activities for the children (aged from 4-12 years old) attending the club while considering Health and Safety aspects and COVID regulations.
- We're seeking candidates that will enjoy working with children, that are able to get involved with activities, and learn how to provide a safe environment for children attending the play club.
- The role involves 16 hours a work a week, from 15:00 until 18:00 each evening. Term time and weekdays only.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up the environment so it is ready for the children
- Collect the children from their local primary school
- Provide a light snack and drink to the children
- Create a warm, friendly and safe environment for the children
- Tidy away at the end of the night
- Other duties include assisting the Club Manager and peers
Qualifications and Skills
Previous experience within a childcare setting and/or qualifications in Playwork is advantageous but not necessary as training will be given.
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure (DBS) Check. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.