|Club or setting:||Walker Children's Club|
|Hours:||3 hours per day, 5 days per week, term time only|
|Salary:||Up to £10.00 per hour|
|Closing date:||31 August 2021|
- Provide safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities for the children and the safe delivery to parents and/or named carers. This will include providing refreshments and accommodating special dietary requirements.
- Attend any necessary training programmes identified with the Co-ordinator – eg. First Aid.
- Assist in maintaining equipment in a safe condition and ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed.
- Administer first aid as appropriate
- Carry out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities’ framework
- Work within Club’s policies and procedures and take guidance from regular staff.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: SESSIONAL PLAYWORKER
A. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to provide and facilitate safe, creative play, plan activities and meet individual children’s needs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised using judgement and common sense and seeking guidance / clarification when necessary
- Flexibility and adaptability at work
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- NVQ level 2 in play work or equivalent or willingness to attend such training
- Current first aid certificate (which covers care of children) or willingness to attend a course
- Food hygiene basic training course
C. Proven Working Knowledge
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Experience of working with children
D. Special Conditions
- Enthusiastic about and committed to providing good quality childcare
- A commitment to equal opportunities
Date posted: 9 August 2021