|Club or setting:||Cambridge Kids Club @Histon|
|Hours:||3.5 hours per day, 5 days per week|
|Job title:||Play Leader|
|Salary:||£11.14 + per hour|
|Closing date:||5 March 2021|
Cambridge Kids Club are looking for their next Play Leader to lead a growing after school club within the Cambridge village of Histon.
This opportunity is ideal for someone with a background in childcare or preferably play work, looking to develop a career with Cambridge’s leading wrap-around care provider! Candidates will need to be passionate, enthusiastic and commited. Full training will be provided but previous experience and/or a Level 3 in Playwork is desirable.
Cambridge Kids Club is an experienced multi-setting wrap around childcare provider. We deliver care for approximately 250 – 300 children per day, at our 10 settings in and around Cambridge. We have consistently been rated “GOOD” by Ofsted. Our mission is to deliver the highest standard of care, at an affordable price.
Our Playworkers tell us that they love working with us. We are looking for individuals who have a focus on care & quality, can lead teams and (goes without saying) love working with children. Administrative tasks are carried out within head office, therefore the role focuses on spending more time with the children and less time on paperwork.
Main Purpose: Responsible for the day to day running of a breakfast and afterschool club for children between the ages of 7 and 11.
- To be responsible for the care of all children and ensure that their play opportunities are met
- To enable children to develop in different contexts: social, emotional, physical and intellectual, through play
- To be a role model, lead activities and supervise the club staff and volunteers
- To report any concerns or problems to senior management
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- To set a club routine and make sure it is followed, along with CKC’s Policies & Procedures and Working Manuals
- To promote the consultation of children within the setting in line with Art.12 of the UNCRC
- To be responsible for the planning and resourcing of activities. To ensure the club has a good variety of activities on offer to stimulate the children
- To make sure the club is run as an active team.
- To hold meetings and attend all staff meetings
- To reflect on daily practice and continuously develop and implement the settings quality improvement action plan
- Meet and greet new and existing children and settle them into activities, as well as giving guided tours to new families
- Support children’s play needs by either joining in or supervising in an unobtrusive manner
Hours of work: Up to 25 hours in term-time (operational hours across the company are 7:30 – 9:00 & 14:30/15:00 – 18:00). During school holidays, we can offer up to 40 hours in the holiday play schemes (operational).
Hourly Rates: Competitive, based on qualifications and experience (plus Holiday Pay)
Company Benefits: Company Pension, social activities, professional development, career progression, uniform provided & recognisable qualifications nationwide.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent