|Club or setting:||Moss Hall Infant & Junior School|
|Hours:||21 hours a week (to include 2.45pm – 6pm, Mon – Fri)|
|Job title:||Temporary Deputy Play Manager - (maternity cover 6 months)|
|Salary:||£14.00 per hour (term time only plus holiday pay)|
|Closing date:||1 December 2021|
Reporting to the Play Centre Manager, Chair and Management Committee.
The Deputy Play Manager will support the Play Manager in the smooth running of the Scheme. They will be responsible for two key locations and ensure all staff adheres to policies and procedures directed by the Play Manager, Ofsted and the Management Committee.
The Deputy will line manage a team of senior play workers and unqualified play workers and will support and help their team with any issues which may arise.
The Deputy Play Manager will accurately report information required by the Play Manager including register of attendance; staff attendance; petty cash expenses (authorised by Play Manager). The Deputy will seek guidance and support from the Play Manager in relation to complex issues with may arise. Communicate effectively with parent and carers, the school and the Management Committee.
The Deputy Play Manager will be required to attend all Committee meetings and any meeting requested by the Play Manager, staffing officer and any individual Committee Member – these meetings could take place outside of normal work hours.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Line Manage a team of Senior Play Workers and Play Workers, including regular supervision meetings and appraisals.
- Lead, motivate and supervise a team of Play workers ensuring staff adhere to policies and procedures.
- Assist Play Manager with staff rota, ensuring appropriate ratios are adhered to.
- Attend weekly meetings with Play Manager and monthly team meetings to ensure good communication, updating staff of any developments, and keeping up to date on any tasks which have been delegated.
- Assist Play Manger with recruiting appropriate Play workers and advise the Staffing Officer of any recruitment needs.
- Responsible for the health and safety and wellbeing of all children and staff attending the Play Scheme – Assist Play manager to resolve any issues.
- Ensure all staff are aware of safeguarding issues and adhere to safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff have a valid DBS (formerly CRB) which is satisfactory to the Play Centre’s Committee.
- Responsible for registering the children attending the play scheme and report attendance to Play Manager.
- Assist Play Manager with accounting for petty cash, ordering play materials and consumables and reporting to treasurer all expenses.
- Liaise effectively with parents/carers, Management Committee, School Staff and the public.
Modelling good communication.
- Willing to undertake core training as required.
- Administer first aid and medication as appropriate. Keep up to date First Aid certification food hygiene and fire marshal training.
- Assist Play Manager with carrying out and documenting regular fire drills.
- Administer first aid and medication as appropriate. Keep up to date First Aid certification and ensure appropriate number of staff have first aid; food hygiene and fire marshal training.
- Have an understanding and ability to implement of the 14 Care Standards of Play work.
- Attend Committee meetings as necessary.
- Attend regular supervision meetings and appraisal meetings with Play Manager.
- Assist Play Manager with all reporting and administration as instructed by Play Manager.
- Carry out any other duties as instructed by Play Manager.
- Prepare and agree staff working rotas ensuring that there adequate staff numbers to children in any given day
- Supervise staff to ensure roles are executed as expected
- Take lead responsibility for implementing a children’s council
- Take lead responsibility or Health and Safety checks
- Organise play plans and holiday activities, including researching and proposing external guests to run specialist activities
- Ability and willingness to act as Play Manager when necessary.
- Qualification: Level 3 play work, proven experience in managing a team of staff within a play scheme setting or equivalent.
- Leadership, management, supervision and administrative skills.
- Ability to create and maintain satisfactory levels of behaviour from self, staff and children.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels, developing effective working relationships with manager, staff, children, parents, management committee and the school.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised, to manage own workload and deliver results on time.
- Ability to be decisive whilst using sound judgement and common sense.
- Able to work as an effective and proactive member of the Play centre team.
- Able to respect the confidential nature of the work.
- Willing to undertake further training as required.
- Understanding of play theory, play types, play cues and loose parts.
- Understanding of what constitutes a good play environment and the ability to plan, organise and resource it.
- Knowledge of young people’s issues, and in particular the need for special care and attention.
- Understanding the individual child and their needs.
- Understanding the principles of wellbeing and risk assessment within the play work profession.
- Understanding of 'equal opportunities' and its implementation in a play environment.
- Ability to monitor and collect data and to evaluate and report.
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to carry out all associated administration.
- Enhanced DBS
This job description and person specification is not prescriptive; it merely outlines the key tasks and responsibilities of the post. They key tasks and responsibilities are subject to change. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post holder. This Job Description is subject to alteration in response to changes in legislation or Playcentre’s operational procedures.
If you like the sound of this role or you would like more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or view our website www.mosshall.school/our-school/contact-us/
We look forward to receiving your application!